The hosting control panel (cPanel) offers seamless automation software for hosting companies to offer affordable and best web hosting services to their users. cPanel makes web hosting accessible and easy to use to a wider audience with a simplified graphical interface. Web hosting companies are powered by cPanel, and can in turn provide these services to the audience. These web hosting service providers can offer their services to personal blogs, e-commerce websites, and business websites.
Another important factor that a user might consider is the fact that cPanel is a Linux-based web hosting service. It not only automates processes for the web hosting service providers but also allows more efficient communication between the website owner and the host around the world.
Understanding the Hosting Control Panel (cPanel) Interface
The hosting control panel (cPanel) interface helps you do a variety of things including hosting a website, backing up the website, using WordPress, etc.
If you are a first-time user and not very comfortable using cPanel, we can help.
1. Logging in to cPanel: This is the first step to beginning your cPanel journey. After a username and password are created, the user can log in to their account by simply typing “:2082” after their website address.
2. Navigating through the interface: cPanel is known to have one-of-the most user-friendly interfaces. This includes a navigation bar at the top, a search bar, and a sidebar. These are the basic elements of the dashboard which the user can use.
3. Updating preferences: A user can update their password, settings, contact information, etc., and customize this dashboard.
4. Managing domain names: The user can also manage domain names on the dashboard. This includes editing, adding, and removing domain names. It also allows editing subdomains.
5. Using the file manager: This is where the user can take care of and manage all the files on the server. New folders and databases can be created and updated here.
6. Installing server apps: The next step is to install server apps like WordPress which is the main purpose of web hosting.
7. Back up of the website: This is the most important step for a user to not lose any data. A full or a partial backup can be done according to the disk space that is available.
8. Checking statistics: The dashboard also allows the user to check statistics that can give insights into the client’s website. The speed, number of visitors, bandwidth, etc. are clearly shown here.
4 Pros of Hosting Control Panel (cPanel)
cPanel web hosting definitely makes work easier for most website owners. Here are some of the best reasons to use cPanel hosting:
1. Simple-to-use: The processes are automated when one uses cPanel. Because of this amazing feature of cPanel web hosting, the concept of web hosting becomes simpler and less tiresome.
2. Cost-effective: cPanel web hosting proves to be more cost-effective than other web hosting services. Since the processes are automated, the cost of manpower decreases sharply. Moreover, there is the very little cost of maintenance in this case as well. Sometimes, you can also find free web hosting control panel options.
3. Easy management: Since cPanel is more of a web hosting management system, it explicitly aims to make management easy for the web hosting providers. With automated processes, running and managing a website and managing other activities becomes extremely easy.
4. Suitable for beginners: cPanel has a graphical interface that allows drag and drop options for its users, making it extremely user-friendly. Since it is both easy to use as well as reasonable, it is a great option for new website owners.
So if you are looking for a no-fuss, inexpensive, simple-to-use, and sometimes even free web hosting control panel platform to help with web hosting, cPanel is your best bet.
4 Cons of Hosting Control Panel (cPanel)
Even though hosting a control panel is a popular option, there are still some cons that a user should be aware of before making a choice. Here are some of the cons faced by users:
1. Lower access to Features: cPanel web hosting providers can provide limited access to features. These features are mostly dependent on the plan that the user chooses. However, in other cases, there are more features available.
2. Limitation on speed: cPanel relies heavily on servers and the internet, because of which there is a limitation on the speed and bandwidth. This might hamper the website and traffic coming to the website as well. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of cPanel web hosting services.
3. Security concerns: There are new updates on the cPanel software because of which the focus is more on the stability of the web hosting service. This is one of the reasons why there has been compromised security in some cases.
4. Lack of flexibility: Since it is a cost-effective and time-consuming option that allows automation of services, there is very little flexibility. Although the basic features can be altered by the user, there is almost no customization available.
Understand your security requirements, overall feature requirements, and if you need to have a free web hosting control panel before finalizing an option.