We are pleased to announce that Blesta 5.5.0 BETA 1 has been released!
So what is new in 5.5?
Blesta version 5.5 includes even more updates to the Domain Manager including a bulk TLD import feature with price sync, the ability to renew domains further in advance of services, and other improvements. We also added an abandoned order feature with the automatic order cancellation, the ability to hide non-required client fields, and much more.
- Domain Manager now supports bulk import of TLDs with pricing markup from supported registrars.
- Domain Manager now supports the ability for domains to be renewed further in advance of services.
- Domain Manager now supports the option to set a price override on domains so domains renew at the original price.
- Domain Manager now includes filters for the TLD Pricing list to filter by TLD and Registrar.
- Order plugin now includes an abandoned cart option to send email reminders to the client with automatic order cancellation.
- Order plugin template preview screenshots have been updated.
- The Portal plugin now supports multi-language.
- Namecheap now pulls in supported TLDs via their API rather than static config.
- Namecheap now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Enom now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Namesilo now supports TLD import and price sync.
- LogicBoxes now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Stripe Payments now sets transaction messages.
- Stripe Payments now shows an ACH “Mandate”.
- Internet. bs domain registrar module has been added.
Changes to the Core
- Added an option to hide client fields that are not required.
- Added transaction messages in the transaction expand area for supported gateways.
- Added the ability to set the Client ID Start Value, Client ID Format, and Client ID Increment Value in Client Settings.
- Added a Package setting to set a price override on services when they are created.
Notes for Developers
- Added a new event for Email Verification.
- Added a Doc Comments file in ~/lib/doc_comments.php for IDE support.
- Modules may now insert their own content in the client service management overview page.
- Blesta ships with a Source Guardian hotfix for PHP 8 support. We recommend updating your extensions to work with PHP 8.
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_contact_info.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_services_manage.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_transactions_applied.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/partial_packageoptions_js.pdt updated
Staff Template Changes
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_billing_transactionapplied.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_transactionapplied.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_client_general_form.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_require_fields_form.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_edit.pdt updated
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Note Regarding PHP 8
While we do not yet recommend PHP 8 for production use, Blesta ships with a hotfix-php8 directory for PHP 8.0/8.1 support. To use the hotfix, you must have the Source Guardian loaders in your PHP, and overwrite the base files with those contained in the hotfix. Please note that many 3rd parties or custom extensions are likely to be incompatible with PHP 8. Report any PHP 8-related issues for Blesta or official extensions on our forums or Discord.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 5.5 will be officially released after the beta phase has been completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 5.5 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!