We are pleased to announce that Blesta 5.4.0 BETA 1 has been released!
(Caption: Upload your logo, then drag to scale it to the desired size for the client area.)
So what is new in 5.4?
Blesta version 5.4 includes more updates to the Domain Manager including new bulk domain actions, the ticket system now supports custom ticket fields, we added a new feature called “data feeds” that makes it easy to embed TLD pricing, package information, and pricing, and more on your website.
- Domain Manager now supports bulk actions for changing name servers and renewal.
- Import Manager has been updated to improve WHMCS imports.
- Support Manager now supports custom fields for tickets, which can be set in each department.
- Stripe Payments has been updated with several improvements.
- Extension Generator was updated to support the generation of registrar modules.
Changes to the Core
- Data feeds have been added, allowing TLD pricing, package name/description/pricing, and client counts to be displayed on your website with a simple embed code.
- The client area logo can now be scaled by dragging it to the desired size.
- Configurable Options can now be created to override both module rows and groups. Perfect for allowing a client to select their desired location during checkout and deploying to the right server or group.
- Improved custom templates acting as child themes so that partial views are loaded correctly from the default templates.
- Updated the installer to prepare for future PHP 8 support.
Notes for Developers
- As noted above, the Extension Generator can now be used to generate domain registrar modules.
- Data Feeds may be useful for theme developers for the display of TLD pricing and client counts within their themes.
- We recommend updating your extensions in preparation for PHP 8.
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_acc_info.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_verifyach.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/structure.pdt updated
Staff Template Changes
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_account_achinfo.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_account_list.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_verifyachaccount.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_feeds.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_feeds_settings.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_lookandfeel_customize.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_package_options.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_csettings_company.pdt updated
Note Regarding Hotfixes
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2 as of Blesta 5.0, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes for these versions.
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
Note Regarding PHP 8
As many of you know, Ioncube has yet to release support for PHP 8. We have been evaluating SourceGuardian as a potential interim solution. If you would like to obtain a hotfix to test Blesta under PHP 8.0, there is a link pinned in the beta channel on our Discord server for download. Please note that this is for non-production use only. Report any PHP 8-related issues on our forums or Discord.
When is the final release?
Version 5.4 will be officially released after the beta phase has been completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 5.4 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!